Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Musings: Trust ---> Peace

I have had some very busy, yet fun filled days.  Alan has been out of town, so apparently that means I kick it into high gear and stay busy 24/7.  I finished up a painting project at Prescott Elementary (I'll share that on Thursday) and spent the weekend painting a friend's apartment.  I'm still working on that today.  I get to paint a tree on the wall, so I'm really excited about that. 


In the midst of the busy times, I have had some sweet time with the Lord.  I've been reading through Isaiah and Hebrews.  They have both been speaking to me about my trustworthy God and peace.  Here is what I have learned.


The steadfast of mind, 
You will keep in perfect peace, 
because he trusts in You.  
Trust in the Lord forever.  
For in God the Lord, 
we have an everlasting Rock.
Isaiah 26:3-4

Trust and Peace are partners.

You really can not have one without the other.

Peace, apart from trusting the Lord, is hollow. It is at best a fleeting emotion and at worst, a flat out lie.  The very foundation of peace is the trustworthiness of the Lord.  

He is the ROCK.

He is ever FAITHFUL.

He is GOOD and He is for you.

ALWAYS

EVERY DAY

IN EVERYTHING

You can count on this.  Peace is the fruit of this knowledge.

How is your peace these days?  

I'm going to venture to say that if you do not have peace in your life, you have a trust issue.  I would encourage you to go out to biblegateway.com and put in the word trust.    You will see many, many references come up.  Begin to read those scriptures.  Soak in their words and meaning.  Put in the word peace - you will find many more references to peace.  Arm yourself with this truth.

I believe that you will find your trust in the Lord growing and that His peace will be close behind.  

What if things are not going well?  

What is life is extremely chaotic or you are 
grieving over someone or some situation?

TRUST.  Arm yourself with what you know to be true.  God's character is always the same.  Our circumstances and situations change - but He does not.  You can count on Him.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.  Hebrews 13:8

We have all been betrayed.  Jesus was.  He understands what that is like.  He beckons us to trust in Him.  He will not betray us.  He can not lie.  He can not be anything but Who He is.  

That is Someone you can trust.

That is Someone who brings you peace.

He is our ROCK.


No comments:

Post a Comment