Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Door of Hope

I came across this verse in Hosea this week and the phrase "door of hope" grabbed my attention.


Then I will give her her vineyards from there, and the valley of Achor as a door of hope and she will sing there as in the days of her youth.  
Hosea 2:15


Hosea is a mind boggling book.  God uses Hosea's life as His prophet to give us a picture of His great love and pursuit of us.  Hosea marries a woman who is a prostitute, named Gomer.  This marriage symbolizes the covenant between God and Israel.  Israel had been unfaithful to God - worshiping idols and picking up pagan practices.  God wanted them to see what their unfaithfulness was doing to their relationship with Him and to their children.  


Gomer marries Hosea and has children with him.  She continues to play the harlot and Hosea continually seeks after her to restore her to himself and her children.  What a picture of our unfaithfulness to God.  I can tell you that I don't see it that way too often - but that is the reality.  We are the bride of Christ.  We wander and we stray bringing pain into our own lives and the lives of others.


The beautiful picture in this book is God's love and longing for His people.  He remains faithful even in our unfaithfulness.  When you get right down to it - that really is our hope.  We know that we can't stay 100% true to Him.  We all stumble and fall.


When I saw the phrase "door of hope" I felt a rush of relief and love for the Lord.  He truly is our hope.  I am so thankful that He remains true to Himself.  His feelings for me do not go up and down.  His love for me is steadfast and true.


Do you feel hopeless?  

Do you desire to remain faithful in your walk, but the voices of this world just keep pulling you away?  


Know that the Lord is always pursuing you and continually offers you a door of Hope.  There is always a way back to Him.  He is faithful, even when we are faithless.  He makes all things possible.


Do not tarry . . . the door of hope remains open.

Come on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment