Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Heather

Oh, what a fun couple of days I have had.  I got to sneak out of Chicago, fly down to Texas and SURPRISE Heather for her birthday.  This is her 25th birthday on the 25th.  The "golden" birthday.  I just couldn't miss it.  I walked into Heather's classroom and Heather screamed, hugged and cried.  In other words, it was perfect.


I am so thankful for both of my girls and I truly celebrate them every day.  BUT - birthdays are very special in our family.  It is a treat if we get to be together on a birthday and particularly if it is unexpected.


If you will bear with me, I'll take you through a few pictures of this baby girl.  It was fun for me to look back at photos over the years.




Heather was a very happy baby.  She sucked her thumb, laughed and smiled from the beginning.  She was born a little comedian and still makes all of us laugh, a lot.






She was a bit mischievous also - especially when big sister helped.


Ashely and Heather emptied an entire jumbo sized bottle of baby powder all over Heather's room and all over Heather.  She came walking into the kitchen looking like this!  I'm so glad I took a picture.  Truthfully, it was hard to be mad because she looked so hysterical.








These girls have shared it all.


























These last 25 years have been full of JOY and LAUGHTER.  Sure, there were those moments when we didn't see eye to eye, but I have to say they were few compared to all the great times.  It has been an incredible privilege to be Heather's Mom and I could not be more proud of the godly, kind, caring, smart, dedicated woman that she has become.


Heather - I celebrate you.  I thank God for the gift that you are to so many others, but especially to me.  I am in awe every time I watch you teach your students.  I am in awe when I see what a good friend you are to so many people.  I am so grateful to have you as my daughter and as my friend.  

Happy Birthday sweet girl.  
I love you more than you can imagine.











No comments:

Post a Comment