Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday - fatness of soul

FAT - isn't that word out there in all kinds of ways - from the foods we eat to the weight we need to lose - The Biggest Loser - our own desire to be fit.  FAT is just out there in a hundred ways.  


Well - it is high time that FAT gets some positive press . . . fatness of soul, that is.


Psalm 65:11 says:
You have crowned the year with your bounty and 
your paths drip with fatness.

When I read this the other day, I thought it was a perfect description of this year.  Now honestly, 2012 has had a pretty rough start in many ways, but it has certainly been a year where I have experienced the bounty of the Lord and paths that drip with fatness.  

You know how a steak or a burger sizzles on the grill when the fat drips onto the hot coals (or gas burners if you are like me).  That sizzle is the goodness that makes the meat tasty.  In the midst of some hard things, I have heard that sizzle over and over again as the Lord has been right beside me.

I am thankful that while my path has had its steep hills and even some debris blocking my way, it has dripped with the fatness of God's Word through my daily reading and through the study of James.  I feel like each day has brought me a treasure from the Word and just the encouragement that I needed.  

I have never been a consistent journaler, but for the past year, I have been and I have to say that has been so good for me.  I would start journaling with some great intentions and then just die out after a bit.  This practice of journaling about what I am reading and learning has been of such great benefit to me.  I would encourage you to pick it up if you have gotten a bit lazy or if you have never tried it.  I'm using the Life Journal which actually has a reading plan in the front of it.  That has been very motivating for me.  You can order one at lifejournal.cc  They are inexpensive and a great tool to help you stay on track.

We always have this choice:

To be lean in soul and fat in our worldliness 
or 
to be fat in our soul and lean in our worldliness.

I am choosing to delight in paths that drip with fatness.  I am choosing to feed my soul and starve my worldliness.  It is a daily choice and one that I have to revisit often.

Today, I am praising God for His path, 
which drips with fatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment