Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Musings - Riff Raff

As I was reading along in 1st Samuel this week, I was reading about the time period when Saul was after David and David was constantly on the run.  It was not a fun time for him and I'm sure it was very lonely.  

In chapter 22, David is joined by a group of men.  Whew . . . he is no longer alone.  Catch this.


"Everyone who was in distress and everyone who was in debt and everyone who was discontent gathered to him (David) and he became captain over them.  Now there was about 400 men with him."  1st Samuel 22:2


WOW - David, the mighty warrior, is having to run for his life and he is joined by the distressed, the debtors and the discontent.  He became captain over them.  I wonder if he thought to himself, "REALLY?"  And yet, there in no indication that he complained.  He took these men in and lead them.  

Just suppose someone said to you -- I found you some help. Here are the distressed, the debtors and the discontent. Congratulations. -- Not many would be jumping for joy.  Would you be able to see past the label to the heart and to the potential of each one?

Many of these men would become part of David's "mighty men" in the future.  

I am reminded that it is the Lord who makes someone a leader and it is the Lord who transforms the distressed, those in debt and those who are discontent into the mighty.


It reminds me that the Lord is not limited 
by my limitations.


After all, Jesus' band of men included fishermen, a tax collector, a doubter, a denier and a betrayer.  

Perhaps there is hope for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment