Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Musings - Complain or Proclaim

I was reading in Luke 21 today and I was struck by Jesus talking about the persecution that would come.  He tells his followers that they will be drug into court, betrayed by family and questioned by authorities.  Then he says . . . it will lead to an opportunity for your testimony.  So make up your minds not to prepare before hand to defend yourself for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute.


I love the word opportunity.  So much of seeing opportunity is shaped by your perspective on life.  This passage is talking about some serious persecution.  I have never experienced this kind of persecution, so I looked at this in terms of hard times, discouragement, disharmony and life's struggles - particularly those that seem unjust.  


When we are experiencing something like this or perhaps even a more serious form of persecution, we have a choice in how we respond.


If I want to blend in with the crowd, I will . . .
*complain
*blame
*have a pity party
*pout
*be pessimistic
*narrow minded
*self-focused


If I want to stand out, I will . . .
*look for what God is doing
*remember the many blessings I have even in the midst of a struggle
*own up to my part of the problem
*focus on the Lord - not on the situation
*let the light of Jesus shine through
*give testimony of His goodness in all circumstances
*take every opportunity to exhibit genuine faith
*trust the Lord for the words I need


Will I complain or proclaim?

I can tell you which one is easier and which one comes naturally :-)  

I want to be different.  

I was to be a spiritual opportunist.

With Jesus, I want to be brave. 

I want to proclaim His goodness in each and every situation in my life.  

I want to be a walking, living, breathing testimony of His life changing power.  

I want faith to replace fear.  

I want courage to replace timidity.


I want Jesus to glorified - at all times, in all circumstances and for all to see.

Will you COMPLAIN or will you PROCLAIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment