Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Celebrations

I started my morning at home in Chicago - with some snow flakes falling and the temperatures dropping.  I then got on a plane and I am now in Texas!  It is hard to believe that all this has happened in one day!  


I flew down for a number of great celebrations this weekend.  


*Friday - I'm helping to host a bridal luncheon for Blair Bishop - the daughter of one of my dearest friends, Dana Bishop.  What fun to be able to do something special for Blair (whom I have known since she was in the womb! - Dana and I were pregnant at the same time and Blair and Heather were born 3 weeks apart.)

*Friday night - a family get together at Alan's parents' place - good food and good times.


*Saturday - I am helping to host a wedding shower for Drew and Kate.  Drew was in youth group when Alan and I were leaders.  He was also good friends with both of our daughters.   He spent a lot of time at our house and we had so many great shared experiences.  I love him like my own and it is so fun to get to meet the woman that has captured his heart!


*Saturday night - Blair's wedding!!  This will be so special for so many different reasons.  I can't wait to see how absolutely beautiful Blair will be - and I also excited to get to share this time with so many close friends.


*Sunday - I'm heading down to Waco to see my Mom and Dad - and my grandmother.  I can't wait to sit on my parent's porch and just RELAX.  


All the while - I will also get to be with Ashley, James and Heather (Cooper has something else going on this weekend or he would be here too!)  


I am so thankful for the privilege of being involved in these fun events and having people that are this special in my life. 

I can't even believe all the awesome people 
I get to know.


So - I'm thankful for this weekend away and the opportunity I have to be with friends and family.  I'm also thankful that on Tuesday - I get to head back to Chicago to people that make my life so very rich there.  


But most of all, I am thankful for Jesus who fills my life with more JOY than I could have ever imagined.  

He knows my heart and He delights in filling 
it with all the things I love.

I am so very THANKFUL.

1 comment:

  1. i am thankful for your wonderful time here and in your new home, too. what a happy thanksgiving post!

    ReplyDelete