Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Musings - Mirrors

Is anyone else like me?  You look in the mirror and you say, "Who is that?" because in your mind you are still 25? 

Mirrors have some interesting qualities - for the most part, they show you how things really are.  Of course, there are some mirrors that are intentionally made to distort.  I'm also convinced that some dressing rooms have mirrors that make you look thinner.  When I get home and put that same thing on - it never looks quite as good!  Mirrors also reflect light beautifully.  They can make a space seem larger and bring the outside into a room.

One of my favorite verses is 1st Corinthians 13, verse 12.

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, 
but then face to face; 
now I know in part, 
but then I will know fully 
just as I also have been fully known."

There is something so comforting to me about reading that verse - I sometimes audibly sigh!  It is encouraging to me to know that I can't see everything for what it really is.  I can't know what the Lord is up to when things do not seem clear to me.  I look at a situation and it seems fuzzy - it seems distorted - or even looks like one of those old mirrors where the silver is worn off in spots and it has a foggy look to it.  

Even those days when my insight seems keen - it is still a dim picture.  My mind is only capable of absorbing so much and it pales compared to the Truth.  

Every time I read this verse, I am so encouraged.  My heart leaps at the thought of seeing Jesus face to face.  I will know fully - EXCITING - but I also rejoice that even now, I am fully known by Jesus.  When you move around a lot - it is so grounding to know that Jesus fully knows me, even if no one else does!  My heart rests in the fact that He fully knows me.  He knows everything about me.  

I AM KNOWN BY THE GREAT I AM. 

My heart rejoices as I try to imagine the day that I will see Jesus face to face and truly grasp all that He is.  In the meantime - I am praying that each new day will bring a new revelation of Who Jesus is.  I am praying that in the mirror - I will see the reflection of my Savior and that in turn - that mirror will reflect His image to the world around me.  A world that desperately needs to see His reflection.

What do you see in the mirror?
Is it the reality of who you are in Christ - 
or is it a distortion that is standing in the way of 
all that He could be doing in and through you?

Rejoice that you are made in His image and that one day - we will be seen as we truly are - we will be know the One who loves us most for who He is.

Rejoice that even now - He knows you fully and 
He loves you just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment