Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, March 7, 2011

It has been a busy week!  Some working out, a lot of painting and good time with friends.  I met with a young woman who is struggling with many issues.  It breaks my heart!  I am going to begin to meet with her weekly.  I’m going to need the Lord’s wisdom and grace to be used in this situation.  God always provides when He calls so I’m excited to see how her life will change as she begins to truly trust the Lord again.
 

What is the Lord teaching me?  In reading Exodus 23:10 - 24:18 this week, I was really struck with a new and very comforting thought on this passage.  This is reiterating the covenant that the Lord made with the Israelites.

What really struck me was the passage in chapter 23.
“Behold, I am going to send an angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.  Be on your guard before him and obey his voice; do not be rebellious toward him, for he will not pardon your transgression since My name is in him.  But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.  For My angel will go before you and bring you in the land of the Amorites the Hittites the Perizzites and Canaanites the Hivites and the Jebusites and  I will completely destroy them.”

These were promises made to the Israelites when they were in the wilderness. I don’t want to take it too much out of context - but I think there are principles here that can be applied to our current situations. 
*I believe that God does send angels to guard us along the way and He fully intends to bring us to the place he has prepared for us - both here and in eternity.
*Be obedient - there are consequences for disobedience!  Sometimes we forget this.  We know we have forgiveness because of the cross - and that is very true.  But . . . there are consequences to our disobedience that are often lingering.  Our bad choices often hurt others.  This is serious business! 
*Obedience always brings blessing.  God says that my enemies will be His enemies.  Well - I don’t have enemies like one would typically think of an enemy.  I may have people who don’t like me - but I don’t think I have anyone who is out to get me and make me miserable  -- except for our common enemy satan.  He is my truest enemy and I do believe that the Lord fights on my behalf against him.  Satan is actually referred to in scripture as our adversary and he certainly is.  God says that He will become an adversary to my adversary.  Good news indeed!
*God says he will completely destroy my enemy.  He already has.  The battle is won.  Jesus rose from the dead and satan is ultimately defeated.  In the meantime, while satan roams this world as my adversary, God is for me.  He is with me. 

This has been a week of seeing satan rejoice in his temporary victories on this earth.  The headlines have been full of murder, deception and tragedy.  A pastor in Arlington TX, murdered senselessly in his church.  Satan’s fingerprints are all over that one.  Two children found dead in a canal in Florida.  A man shot and killed in a Chicago neighborhood.  How we need God as our Warrior.  How I long for that day when satan is thrown into the pit - when his influence is gone.  Come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment