Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Musings ~ God with us

I had several things that I thought about pondering, but I felt the Lord nudge me toward my reading of Matthew 1 the other day. It is the beginning of the well known story of Jesus' birth.  It is so familiar to me that it is easy to skim over it and miss that detail that the Lord wants me to catch.  So . . . I forced myself to slow down and really. read. each. word.

 . . . and they will call His name Immanuel, which translated means, "God with us."

There it was, in the last half of verse 23.  Perhaps one of the most amazing truths that we have as a believer in Jesus but one that we often forget -- God with us.

It sounds so nonchalant -- by the way, His name will be . . . Immanuel (oh, and by the way it means, God with us.)

With us

Present

Walking among us

Living life beside us

Not distant

Not peeking at us from afar

Not a Creator unconcerned with His creation

A heavenly Father who chose and still chooses to enter into our world through Jesus - through the indwelling of His Spirit - to save us from an eternity of suffering - to give us life.

Perhaps today finds you

in despair

grieving

puzzled

joyful

hurting

confused

content

afraid

weary

overwhelmed

excited

looking forward

looking back

I don't know where you are today, but this I do know.

God is with us.

God is for us.

God loves us.

It is a remarkable truth that still amazes me every. single. day.

DON'T MISS IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment