Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A few thoughts ~ hope amidst devastation

What do we do with devastating news?  

What do we do when someone we love is hurting?  

What do we say when someone's world is rocked beyond their control?

A friend of mine if hurting today.  It has been going on for a little while but I just learned of it today and I am devastated for her.  

I don't like seeing someone I love . . . hurt.

Sometimes, the pain of this world just seems to be too much to bear.

Sometimes it seems that evil is winning and goodness is losing.

Hope seems distant at best 
and the crushing weight of the present situation looms large.

I can't fix it.

There really isn't much I can do to make it better.

So - what do I do?

I have to take it to the Lord.

Only He can make a difference.

Only He can move in hearts and minds in such a way as to 
change the course of events.

"The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord
He turns it wherever He wishes."  Proverbs 21:1

Only He can give wisdom.

"If anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously
 and without reproach, and it will be given to him."  James 1:5

Only He can restore what is broken.

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and 
saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18

"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past.
Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth.
Will you not be aware of it?  I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, 
rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:18-19


He is not unaware of our pain and suffering.
He inhabits it.

We are not alone.
He walks beside us.


To my sweet friend, I would say~

You are loved.

You are valuable.

You are beautiful in every way.

In Jesus, there is strength, hope, wisdom, joy and peace.

This story is not over.










No comments:

Post a Comment