Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts ~ Holy Moses

As you might be able to guess, my reading is taking me through the life of Moses this week.  I think that Moses is one of the most interesting people in Scripture.  His life is full of extraordinary events and incredible encounters with God. 

He is born at a time when all Hebrew baby boys were to be killed as soon as they were born.  God intervened by instilling the fear of God into the Egyptian mid wives who would not take the lives of these babies.  Isn't that interesting? 

So in reality, Moses should not even have survived, but he was protected by his mother and then placed in a basket in the Nile where he was discovered by the Pharaoh's daughter.  He was rescued by her, nursed by his own mother and then raised in the palace.  That is a pretty amazing start.



Moses experiences the inner conflict of growing up Egyptian with a Hebrew heritage which leads to his killing of an Egyptian guard who was beating a Hebrew slave.

He flees to Midian and marries into a family, becoming a shepherd.

THEN . . . he encounters a burning bush and life takes a very unexpected turn.

Instead of shepherding sheep . . . Moses is told that he will shepherd a nation.

Instead of being a slave of his past . . . Moses will be God's instrument of freedom for the Hebrew people.

Can you say, DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS?

What can we learn from Moses, so far.

**God's choice does not always seem logical to man.  Moses certainly doubted his abilities to do what the Lord was asking of him.  The Lord knew exactly what He was doing!

**You never know where life will take you.  No one could have predicted what would happen with this little baby floating down the Nile.  Get excited!!

**The Lord doesn't waste anything -- all of Moses' experiences and education would be utilized in God's bigger plan.  The Lord doesn't waste anything in your life either.

**A big task is about a big God -- not a big man.

**The Lord is with us in our calling.  He doesn't give us marching orders and then turn his back on us.  He is right beside us.

I am so thankful that the Lord sees my potential even in my weaknesses.  I am thankful that I have such a BIG GOD and that He is sufficient for every task.  I am grateful that I never know where life will take me because it is such a great adventure.

Holy Moses . . . Holy Expectation . . . I can't wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment