Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Musings ~ Intentions

What a great week of revisiting the life of Joseph.  I could not end that time without writing about Joseph one more time!  

When the book of Genesis is wrapping up, we find that years have gone by, families have grown and everyone has prospered.  Jacob comes to the end of his life, dying in peace as he sees his family doing so well.  After the burial and mourning, we find Joseph's brothers getting VERY NERVOUS.

 After burying his father, Joseph went back to Egypt. All his brothers who had come with him to bury his father returned with him. After the funeral, Joseph’s brothers talked among themselves: “What if Joseph is carrying a grudge and decides to pay us back for all the wrong we did him?”So they sent Joseph a message, “Before his death, your father gave this command: Tell Joseph, ‘Forgive your brothers’ sin—all that wrongdoing. They did treat you very badly.’ Will you do it? Will you forgive the sins of the servants of your father’s God?”

Once a schemer - always a schemer?  Or maybe it was just hard to believe that someone could really be that forgiving and gracious.


I love Joseph's response.  May it be our response as well.


Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid. Do I act for God? Don’t you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people. Easy now, you have nothing to fear; I’ll take care of you and your children.” He reassured them, speaking with them heart-to-heart.

Joseph has had a real change of heart over the years.  It is fun to see how much he has grown and matured as a man, and in his faith.  

He has the ability to step back and look at the bigger picture - which, let's face it - is really hard to do.  He sees that through his brother's hateful actions, God was always at work and in fact, was using that situation to bless many, many others.  

What kind of trust do you have in the Lord?

I asked myself that question.  I would like to believe that I could have that kind of faith and trust because the Lord has shown me His faithfulness in so many ways. 



Payback can look inviting at times -- but it really only imprisons us all the more.

Joseph was all too familiar with prisons.

He shows us that true freedom comes through forgiving others and trusting the Lord in all things.

Are you struggling with a prison of your own making?

Are bitterness or unforgiveness robbing you of your freedom?

Learn from Joseph . . . Freedom awaits. 

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment