Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday - OHIO

I headed out of Chicago on Wednesday.  I drove through Illinois, Indiana and ended up here in Columbus, Ohio.  There was beautiful fall color all along the way.  Seeing the familiar skyline just made me smile - I love everywhere that the Lord has sent us over the last 29 years.  Columbus was a very special place.  

We lived here for 6 years in the 90's.  Our kids went to school here during some really formative years.  They both made professions of faith and were baptized in our church here.   Alan and I worked with the youth and our girls were youth group mascots.  They got to learn so much and had lots of big brothers and sisters that loved them dearly. 


I'm here visiting my good friend, Aimee, helping her with some remodeling in her basement.  Hanging out with Aimee feels a lot like coming home.  We spent a lot of time together - as much family as friends - and it just feels so good to be in the same place for a short while! 


Being here reminds me of God's faithfulness to me over the years.  It is not easy making moves across the country, but I wouldn't trade the experiences that we have had for any amount of comfort.  We grew as a family.  We grew in our faith.  We made friends that we will have for a lifetime.  We learned a lot about life  - we made some mistakes and we received a lot of grace.


I am thankful for the 6 years that the Lord placed us in Ohio - for the ways that those years shaped me and prepared me for all of the years since.  I have full confidence in the future because He has been so faithful in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment