Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Devo and Dragons

Thought I would write an extra post this week.  I often read a devotional out of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I wanted to share it today because it is just so profound and so meaningful. She writes as if God is doing the talking (I love that!) Here it is:

To live in My Presence consistently, you must expose and expel your rebellious tendencies.  When something interferes with your plans or desires, you tend to resent the interference.  Try to become aware of each resentment, however petty it may seem.  Don't push those unpleasant feelings down; instead, let them come to the surface where you can deal with them. Ask My Spirit to increase your awareness of resentful feelings.  Bring them boldly into the Light of My Presence, so that I can free you from them.


The ultimate solution to rebellious tendencies is submission to My authority over you.  Intellectually you rejoice in My sovereignty, without which the world would be a terrifying place.  But when My sovereign will encroaches on your little domain of control, you often react with telltale resentment.


The best response to losses or thwarted hopes is praise. " The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.  Blessed by the name of the Lord."  Remember that all good things -- your possessions, your family and friends, your health and abilities, your time -- are gifts from Me.  Instead of feeling entitled to all these blessings, respond to them with gratitude.  Be prepared to let go of anything I take from you, but never let go of My hand!

I just loved reading that this morning.  It really challenges me to look at what I believe about God's goodness and His sovereignty and to truly only hold onto Him.

On another note - here is a picture of my last painting in the Hamilton library.  It was by far the most complicated and labor intensive painting I have done.  The Lord was so gracious to equip me to do it - because honestly, I'm not skilled enough to do this!  I marveled at Him every step of the way. 



So here is to a Friday morning with Devotions and Dragons.  Hope you have a blessed Friday and can truly rejoice in the Goodness of our Great God.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using that devotional for months and just love it. God speaks every time to my heart. I have been buying it as gifts.

    Your work is just wonderful...I love this!! So, so talented.

    ReplyDelete