Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is such a great time.  I love a gathering of friends and family along with some fabulous food.  We were fortunate enough to have Ashley and James here with us.  We also had about 20 from our church here.  One thing about moves is that you learn that family is a much larger concept than you previously thought!  We have a great church family here.  Here are just a few of the things I am thankful for when I look over the last very eventful year.

*the fun times with Heather preparing for her wedding
*working along side Heather in her classroom
*all the kind and thoughtful things my friends did in preparation for the wedding - I have the greatest friends.
*the wedding of Heather and Cooper
*sweet times shared with Ashley and just watching her great love for ministry and people
*summer in Colorado - YAY!
*moving to Chicago
*finding Destination church and such great friends
*my neighbors here in Chicago - so wonderful
*Ashley's engagement to James and all the fun that comes along with that
*God's unwavering presence through all the changes
*His goodness and faithfulness to me even when I am not faithful
*Alan - such a good man and a wonderful husband - living life with Alan is a great adventure
*opportunities to serve and enjoy being God's hands and feet in a variety of ways
*Life - lived to its fullest - such a blessing

Having just celebrated my birthday and Thanksgiving - I am truly overwhelmed with all the people that the Lord has placed in my life.  I don't deserve it - it is purely a gift of God's grace.  Sometimes I think my heart will burst with such JOY.  Thank you for being a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment