Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

My heart is overflowing with thankfulness today.  I just feel like jumping up and down and hollering -" Yahoo!  I serve an awesome God and He is accomplishing so much all around me!!"

It has been such a great people week - which always makes for a good week in my life.

Friday - I got to have brunch with Karen, Kara, Rachel and Heather; go to the Chicago Art Institute with my friend Beth and then meet her husband and Alan for dinner.  Rich conversation and delicious food :-)
Saturday - the 1 hr. 15 minute spin class (so much fun); coffee with Christen; had Rebecca, Jennifer, Alison, Ryan, Jamie and Kevin over for dinner.  These friendships are becoming so precious to me.  
Sunday - Destination church and lunch out with Karen and Steve.
Monday - coffee with Lisa (more great conversation); painting at Hamilton Elementary (hilarious conversations with students!)
Tuesday - coffee with Meghan (such a sweet soul); painting at Hamilton Elementary; dinner out with Karen; chocolate fondue party with a bunch of the girls at Heather's house.
Wednesday - boxing class; Target (that just makes me happy); visit to the dentist (good checkup and a chance to talk with Carly - the hygienist - super sweet girl); small group at my house with 15 absolutely amazing women.
Thankful Thursday: spin class, lunch and great discussion with Julie; Costco :-) and then a benefit for NEST -(an organization that gives small business loans to women in third world countries)  My neighbor Rebecca is involved with this effort and it was fun to go and support her.  I got to spend time with my neighbors Alison and Jennifer there also - and I got to meet Rebecca's sister.  To top it off, as Alison and I were talking outside on our street, a guy came by with a beautiful Bearnaise Mountain Dog.  We started talking to him and learned his name is Adam - he lives just a block from us and he and his girlfriend Tess are getting married in Avon, Colorado in January!  He was so nice.  I think we found a new friend.

Now - most likely that was more information than any of you wanted to know.  My point is - people make life rich and I am thankful for the amazing richness of my life this week.  I never get over how many wonderful people are all around us all the time - sometimes we just have to initiate a small conversation and there you go - a new friend.  I have decided that I am a relationship millionaire and I'm going to share the wealth with as many people as possible! 

One of these days, I'll get to see the heavenly interest that has been earned on such an investment.  Join in the fun.  Hope your heart is overflowing with thankfulness too.  It sure is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment