Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Purpose

I was thinking today how thankful I am for my life here and all that has happened in the last 2 1/2 months.  To say that life has been full would be an understatement!  

In Ephesians 2:10 - we are told that the Lord has prepared good works for us beforehand so that we should walk in them.  What a privilege it is as a believer to know that our life has a purpose and that there is a plan.  

I have had such a heightened awareness of what the Lord would have me do since moving.  I guess that a brand new start just gets your adrenaline going!  Of course, part of moving somewhere new is discovering why the Lord has brought you here and what it is you are supposed to be investing your life in.  Day by day, that has been made very clear to me.  One baby step at a time, I am seeking to follow the Lord's lead and be just where I need to be.

So many people today talk about having no purpose in life.  Life has no meaning and they are just miserable in their job, their home and generally in their life. People do a lot of crazy things trying to find their purpose. That just breaks my heart.   We have to slow down and seek after God longing to hear His voice.  Without Him, we will not be able to discover our true purpose.  We need to act on what we know at the present and trust Him with each step.  When a change of direction or big decision comes along, you have already been in step with the Lord and what comes next will make sense.  He will prepare you ahead of time in ways that are truly mysterious!

Jeremiah 29:11 is a favorite scripture of many and for good reason.  The Lord tells us that He has a plan for us - plans to prosper us and not harm us - to give us a future and a hope.  Wow!  That is great news.  It goes on to say that we must CALL on Him, PRAY to Him, SEEK Him and SEARCH for Him with all our heart.  FAITH IS SO VERY ACTIVE!!  

So, what is your purpose?  How are you investing in the kingdom right now?  Take time to pause and thank God for the good works that He has prepared beforehand that you have the privilege to walk in them.  Honor Him in that walk.  Thank Him that you have the privilege of calling on, praying to, seeking after and searching for God Almighty with all your heart.  He longs to be in relationship with you.  We have so much to be thankful for.  Join me in a big THANK YOU to our God for His purposes in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment