Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Ashley and James

What an amazing week!  I have been so busy with all my secret keeping that I didn't even have time to write a blog on Monday!  

I have known that James was going to propose to Ashley on Tuesday for 6 weeks.  Now, I'm a great secret keeper with all those years of youth work behind me, but this one was tough!  The excitement about this day built up like crazy over that 6 weeks. It was such a relief when we got on a plane last Saturday to head to Texas.  Of course, we had to be sneaky and lay low until Tuesday, so we landed in Dallas and immediately drove to Tyler.

We had a great visit with Heather and Cooper.

Not to mention my granddog Miles.




We got to hang out, go to church and I got to help in Heather's class on Monday.  I love to watch Heather teach.  She is so wonderful with her kids.  I loved every minute of it.

We headed to Southlake on Monday night.  My parents, Alan's folks and my niece Hannah were already there.  James had all of Tuesday planned out.  He came to see us on Monday night and we all got very excited about the big day!!



Ashley got her first surprise on Tuesday when we picked her up for breakfast.  She didn't have any idea we were in town or that all this wonderful stuff was about to take place!  She cried - I cried.  It was great :-)  We took her to breakfast and when she walked in, she saw the rest of the family.  So much fun!  She got to have lunch with her closest friends and then shopping to get her ready for the big night.




She looked drop dead gorgeous!  James had planned out a very sweet proposal and a nice dinner at one of Ashley's favorite places.  There was an engagement party at one of their favorite cupcake places.  It was so much fun.  What a very special day!  So - another spring wedding at the Goad household.  We could not be happier!






I forgot to mention that it was James' birthday - he chose to make his day a special day all about Ashley.  I can't even tell you how much I love that.  

Time with my girls is such a treasure to me. 

 I am so very thankful for my sweet girls, their sweet guys and all the good times ahead.  Welcome to the family James!

3 comments:

  1. yay! this is fantastic news. i loved reading the story and seeing all the pics. i am very impressed with all the details james took to pull this off...good job, buddy! best wishes to the bride and groom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging about this and sharing the pictures....for those of us who couldn't be there! I'm so excited for Ashley!!!!

    ReplyDelete