Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Wow - it has been a good week.  Absolutely beautiful here this week.  The trees are changing and the temps are perfect.  Loving it!

I went to a spin class today and the instructor (Rob) did a little Thankful Thursday spiel.  Of course, he didn't realize it was Thankful Thursday but he just started stating everything great about this week.  It was very cool because he had a bad week last week - and he was just trying to encourage everyone to hang in there if they were having a bad week because they pass - and good weeks come along.  I just loved that.  Thanks Rob for such a good reminder!  Rob loves his wife and his daughters - I am thankful for that!  

I got to spend the day with a good friend yesterday.  It was such a fun time.  Right now - Sheryl is my peer group so I am thankful for that!  

I have friends coming to visit this weekend - Larry and Rocket Thompsom (Rocket is running the Chicago Marathon) and my dear, dear friend Dana Bishop.  Wow - I am really looking forward to time with these dear friends.

I am missing my girls so much right now - I miss so many dear people, but missing my girls is just an ache.  God is good to remind me all week that He cares about my needs and will provide for me.  For now, phone conversations will have to do and I am thankful for daughters who like to talk to me! 

I am thankful that Amanda, sweet friend of mine and Heather's, is pregnant!  I got that news yesterday and I am just bursting with joy.

I am thankful that Jennifer Johnson Little delivered a healthy baby boy this week - Hudson.


I am thankful that E-girl got to go to Disneyworld to celebrate her 3rd birthday with her adopted family.

I am thankful that I'm not focused on provision - but on my Provider.   I am thankful that I'm not focused on creation but on my Creator.  I am thankful that I am not focused on religion - but on my relationship with Jesus.


What are you thankful for today?  Send up the praises.

1 comment: