Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Musings ~ Be Still

Greetings from the mountains of Colorado.  I am loving every minute of my time here.  It is one of those places where it is a bit easier to "be still."

Be still (cease striving) and know that I am God
I will be exalted among the nations
I will be exalted in the earth
The Lord of hosts is with us
The God of Jacob is our stronghold.
Psalms 46:10-11

Of all of God's commands, this may be the most difficult to obey!  

Be still


Cease Striving

It just seems to go against our human inclinations.  

There is value placed on busyness in our culture.  There is value placed on striving.  I'm not advocating laziness or not doing our work with excellence - but we all know when all those things going on around us take over.  We are driven by needs, demands, others' voices and even our own insatiable appetites.  Our minds are consumed with worry and what ifs.  The path ahead seems unsure and fear creeps in.

Let that be our cue to BE STILL.  CEASE STRIVING.

To deliberately rest in the Lord.

This command comes out of the truth in verse 1 - 

God is our refuge and our strength
A very present help in trouble

Then verse 2 says - 

THEREFORE, we will not fear.

Even if everything as we know it, changes.

Even if the future is unclear.

Even if we are struggling in our walk with Jesus. 

Even if we are overwhelmed and anxious.

BE STILL

CEASE STRIVING

Rest in the very capable hands of the One who loves you most.

The Lord of hosts is with us
The God of Jacob is our Stronghold.


No comments:

Post a Comment