Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday ~ My BIG God

I was reading Psalm 57 this week and just had one of those huge sigh moments when you are overwhelmed by the enormity of God's love and care.  Be encouraged by our very BIG God.



He is seen in the details and in the big picture.


Psalm 57, verses 1-3

Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me
(how desperately I am in need of your grace - apart from it I would be in big trouble!  I stumble around in my own struggles and sin - but your grace is bigger)

For my soul takes refuge in You 
and in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge
(You are my safe place - I can crawl up in Your lap and You wrap Your arms around me.  I am safe and sheltered in Your shadow - protected and loved.)

I will cry to God most High, to God who accomplishes all things for me.
(It is Him -- His might, His power, His plan, His strength!  He accomplishes all things for me - not just some things -- all things.  I can rest in that.  I can leave worry and stress behind.  I can trust in His plans and purposes. )

He will send from heaven and save me.
(Yep - I am that important to Him.  Seriously -- hard to wrap my mind around that one!  You are that important as well.    His eye is on you.  He is never negligent.  He is never late.  He is always for you.)

He reproaches him who tramples upon me.
(He has my back -- all the time.)

God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth.
(What more could I need?)

My Grace Giver

My Refuge

My Safe Place

The One Who Accomplished All Things

My Defender

My Savior

I am thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment