Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Musings ~ In Him

Well - there are the slightest whispers of spring here in Chicago.  I know we could still see some snow, but these glimpses of sunshine and a bit warmer temps are truly welcome.  It is amazing how warm 30's and 40's feel after the winter!  I have been enjoying spending my days with precious Ezra Cauble.  Quincy is a big help as well!





This time with Ezra is so special.  I'm truly enjoying every minute. 

I have also been marveling at all the Lord has been up to in my life and in the lives of those around me.  I was reading in Acts 17 this week and came across verse 28 and this phrase jumped out at me.

". . . for it is in Him we live and move and exist."

I just sat back and soaked up those words.  

I often hear people say that they are hesitant to believe in and follow Jesus because they just don't think that life will be good.  It will somehow be less.

less fun

less exciting

less fulfilling

They fear losing who they are  - becoming some kind of Christian robot.

This passage reminds me that we can only truly find life in Jesus.  We only live, we only exist because of Him.  Anything less than that is but a cheap imitation of what life can truly be.

And, as far as losing who you are, you will only be the truest version of you when you are in relationship with your Creator.  He made you with your unique personality and traits, funny quirks and all.  

Sin distorts that.  

In Him, there is wholeness of body, soul, heart and mind.  

The true you can be known, matured and used to truly make a difference.

Don't let those lies about life, fulfillment and identity rob you of the best experience you could possibly have -- walking with Jesus.

"For it is in Him that we live and move and exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment