Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Musings ~ Perfectly Imperfect

I have had a great week and a half in Texas.  I'll write a post next week with all the happenings, but I'm too busy to do that now!  It has been a great time of serving, loving and learning.  I saw this quote this morning, and it seemed to sum up what I have been thinking about.


A beautiful disaster!  Seems to sum it up!  Being back in familiar places is always a reminder of what I have learned.  I have grown over these past few years . . . a lot . . . some of it fun and some of it painful.  I am reminded that the Lord is always, ALWAYS still working on me, in me and because of His grace, through me.

I think about Paul saying that He will boast in nothing except the cross of Christ and I think that the longer I live, the more I understand that statement.  There is such weakness in me - sin that has a party - thoughts I don't seem to have any control over and a critical spirit that likes to rear its ugly head.  

But . . . slowly, Jesus is making a difference in my life and I continually learn to yield to Him and trust that He is always for my good.  He is always working to make me more like Him.  He is always calling me nearer to Him, abandoning all that I think I need or want, to the GREATER that He has in mind.

It's true.  

I am broken.

I am imperfect.

I am full of flaws.

I am a disaster.

BUT

Jesus is Truth.

He is Complete.

He is Perfect.

He is flawless.

He is in the business of making much out of seemingly disastrous people.

For this, and so much more, I will indeed PRAISE HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment