Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Musings ~ Change is in the air

Alan and I saw "Saving Mr. Banks" over the holiday.  In that story, I was reminded of the story line of Mary Poppins and how the wind would shift as she came and went -- marking a change for her and those around her.



I'm starting out the new year reading through the New Testament and Proverbs.  I was reading in Luke 3, verse 5 and that same wind shift caught my attention.

"Every ravine will be filled, and every mountain 
and hill will be brought low.  
The crooked will become 
straight and the rough roads smooth."

Jesus' ministry was about to begin and everything is about to change . . . not just a little bit, but dramatically.

Ravines would be filled.

Mountains would be brought low.

The crooked would be made straight.

The rough would be made smooth.

Change is in the air as a new year begins.  Transformation is around the corner.  When I looked at that list, I heard the voice of the Lord giving me instruction about my new year.

*Be filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit!

*Be humble (brought low) before Me at all times. 

*Walk the straight paths of obedience, being intentional about listening and obeying, one foot in front of the other, even if they are baby steps.

*Be My instrument in making rough places smooth in the lives of others by serving, praying, loving, listening and sharing the Word and Hope of Jesus.

I love a new year ~ a clean slate ~ a new adventure ~ new opportunities and the sweet assurance that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Do hear the wind roaring?

No comments:

Post a Comment