Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts ~ All You Can Eat Buffet

Truth be told, I run the other direction whenever I see a sign that says "All you can eat."  Something about those places scares me.  BUT, when I read Proverbs 15:15 this week, I found an all you can eat scenario that made me really happy!

I have loved this verse for a long time.  I even painted it in my kitchen in one of my houses.

A cheerful heart has a continual feast.  Proverbs 15:15

Don't you just LOVE that?!?!  I do.  I wanted to think on that verse a bit and unpack it to see just what it means for my life.  So, I asked myself a couple of questions.

What does it mean to have a cheerful heart?

*It is a heart of JOY.  That joy is not connected to a particular set of circumstances.  It is deep and it is abiding.  It is that kind of joy that makes your heart feel like it is going to explode!

*It is a heart of CHOICE and it may be making that choice minute by minute.  It is very intentional.

*It is a heart worth fighting for, rejecting the temptation of negative focus and turning aside from satan's subtle and not so subtle discouragements.

*It is a heart that is grounded in truth - the truth of who Jesus is and the salvation that is mine.  It is the truth that I am His beloved and He is mine.  It is the truth that I am safe and secure in His arms, no matter what is swirling around me.

*It is a heart that holds on to faith, hope and love.

What does a continual feast consist of?

*As far as I can tell, it is the bread of life washed down with living water.  It is a feast of fullness, wholeness and satisfaction.

A cheerful heart

A continual feast

Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment