Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts ~ Hug O' War

My sweet brother in love ~ Brad Goad ~ gave me a book of Shel Silverstein's poems for Christmas.  I was reading through the book this morning and came across a poem that describes my philosophy on life pretty well.

Hug O' War

I will not play at tug o' war
I'd rather play at hug o' war
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug
Where everyone kisses
And everyone grins
And everyone cuddles
And everyone wins



I am definitely a hugger and not a fighter!

Now, there have been times when I have had to be fighter and the Lord is good to equip me for that battle and there have also been some battles that He has simply fought for me as I waited per His instructions.

But, at the heart of it, I am a hugger.  

Is there anything quite like a good hug to 
just lift your spirits and warm your heart?

Isn't there a certain measure of encouragement that 
just comes in that form?

Can't a hug make such a difference?

Can't a hug turn things around in an instant?

There are only a handful of days left in 2013.

Who do you know who needs a hug?

Let's send 2013 out with a hug and ring in 2014 with love.

Catchy, huh :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment