Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Musings ~ Wrapping it up

This week ends a semester of small group time.  
We have been doing Jennie Allen's study called, CHASE.  
What a fantastic semester it has been!  
We have spent time studying David's life, 
his amazing writings in the Psalms 
and his relentless pursuit of our Almighty God.  

It has been a wonderful, sometimes difficult, gut wrenching, 
hopeful, amazing journey to share with 11 wonderful women.  

This week is one of those "wrap up" weeks which 
seems appropriate with Christmas coming.


I love wrapping packages and piling them under the tree.  
I love finding the perfect gift and watching 
someone open it up and smile.  

For me, that is exactly what the Lord has done with this study.  
He took me on a journey that ended with a beautifully 
wrapped up package that He chose especially for me.

Here is a peek into some of that gift and what I have been learning.

What has most convicted you while studying the life of David?

For me, I found shades of legalism and performance mentality that linger.  Oh, how I would love for those two things to disappear.  Of course, becoming aware of them has to happen first!  I also found that I can be guilty of an attitude of entitlement and putting my hope in this life instead of the next.  I am not entitled to anything in this life. God does not owe me.  I know this is my mind, but I don't always exhibit it in my attitudes and actions.  I want my hope to be solely in the Lord Himself - not in anything else.

What did you discover you believed about God that was incorrect?

I don't know that I discovered something new here - but I was reminded that He is not placing check marks by my name for good behavior.  He is not impressed when I perform.  He loves me and He values my obedience because that obedience is an expression of my love and trust in Him.

What have you learned about His character?

I love to sit back and marvel at the character of God!  He is good, just, merciful, gracious, kind, loving, giving, forgiving, powerful, refining, trustworthy, faithful and more than enough.  

How do you want to live in light of this?

I want to live in such a way that no one can deny God's power and presence in my life.   I want His goodness and His character to be seen so that He would be glorified and lifted up as I live in obedience and trust.  I want to place my hope in Him alone and live like I truly believe that Jesus is real and heaven is coming.  I want to make a difference while I am here and I want to be completely spent when I enter into His presence.  

No holding back
 
no fear of the future 

no thought for myself 

I just want some serious Jesus 
oozing out of every part of my being.

I want to CHASE after the Lord every single day of my life here and chase after Him right into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment