Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday's Thought ~ Living in the Moment

There is a stinkin' lot going on right now!  There is no grass growing under my feet -- that is for sure!  God has been speaking to me about something from several different angles, so I thought I'd attempt to put a few thoughts down.

There is a lot to think about in the coming months and even years.  My mind seems to want to jump to those places and live awhile.  I have to make a very conscious decision to pull it back where it belongs!

Heather is at 12 weeks in her pregnancy today.  Whoo!  I am so excited.  I want to enjoy every day of this adventure - every change, every feeling, every thought . . . I don't want to jump to June too fast.

Alan is beginning to think about what is next in his career.  We are anticipating being grandparents.  We can even look ahead to retirement . . . eventually.


What's wrong with that?

Nothing, really.  

We all like to look ahead and dream a bit.  

It is quite natural to anticipate the next stage of life, whatever that may be. 

BUT, if we are always looking ahead, 
we may very well miss what the 
Lord has for us here and now.

I don't want to do that.

I want to soak up everything that the Lord has for me 
right here, right now.

I want to serve Him with my whole heart - 
completely engaged where He has me.

In this moment.

I want to learn, and grow, and stretch, and respond with faith.

I want to grab every opportunity to be encouraging, 
help someone out and LOVE big.

After all, we really only have this moment.  

We are not promised another one.

LIVE BIG and LOVE BIG

Find Jesus in every moment.  
He is here, right now.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Chrisann. This so spoke to me from where I'm at lately thats for sure! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on Heather and Cooper! :)

    ReplyDelete