Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New Mercies

It is good to be back in the City!  It was wonderful to be back at my church among such amazing people.  The scripture focus on Sunday was Lamentations 3:22-24.  It is fairly well known and beloved - especially by me.

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His mercies never fail. 

They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”


Remembering 9/11 is so heart wrenching.  Anyone that was at least of school age can probably picture exactly where they were when they heard of the attack and first saw the coverage.  I remember just being in disbelief.  We just had not seen anything like it.  I imagine it was similar to those who witnessed the Pearl Harbor attack.  It just defied logic.  It simply seemed unreal.

There is no denying that there is evil in this world.  No one country or people group owns it.  It crosses all lines.  It can be very discouraging and frightening if we allow it.  

I choose today to look toward my God and rely on Him.  I choose to remember that this is not all there is and that one day, He will make all things right.

I choose to honor those who lost their lives that day and those who continue to grieve that loss.  It was a dark day and at the same time, an amazing show of heroism.  

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.

Never.

His faithfulness is evident in my life.

He is my portion.

My hope is in Him - not in this world.

My hope is in Him - not is a tenious peace among the nations.

My hope is in HIM.

His love never ceases.  His mercies are new EVERY morning.

His love is

     never blocked

                   never taken down to even a trickle.

His love is sure

               He is always faithful.

Nothing that happens in this world can touch what is true in the next one.

My hope is in HIM.

Great is Thy Faithfulness is a great old hymn.  I think the words are very appropriate for today.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changes not, Thy compassions they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be

Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed, Thy hands hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine with ten thousands beside

May His enduring love, 
peace, 
faithfulness and 
mercies 
encourage your heart today.


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment