Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Musings ~ Pathways

 What is your path like right now?

Is it dark and just a bit scary?

Is it light and welcoming?


Are you at a crossroad - wondering which path to choose?

I think I have spent some considerable time on each one of these paths.  Sometimes - I can see far ahead and am super excited about what is coming.  Sometimes, things are so dark around me, that I can't even imagine taking another step forward.  At other times, I am totally confused about which path to take and just a bit frightened about choosing the wrong one.

So - again -- what is your path like right now?

Some days, I've started out on a light and breezy path only to suddenly find myself tripping over a hidden tree root and sprawling out on the ground.  Things are not always what they seem - are they?  My vision is limited.

I think that is why the Lord always encourages us to take one step at a time; always depending on Him fully. 

He promises to meet our needs DAILY.

He promises to give us the words to say AS WE NEED THEM.

He promises to give us the strength we need for EACH SITUATION.

He promises His presence right by our side EACH STEP OF THE WAY.

He promises to supply our needs according to HIS RICHES.

He promises grace that is SUFFICIENT.

I am a huge fan of Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  He is one of my heroes.  I was reading a devotional by him today and loved His wisdom on this subject.

Only Jesus Christ, who bids us follow him, knows where the path will lead. 
But we know that it will be a path full of mercy beyond measure. 
Discipleship is joy.
 
No matter our path at the moment, we have His assurance of mercy.  No matter our circumstances, we have His gift of JOY.  
Do not despair . . . you do not travel alone.  

He knows our path and ultimately, He is at the end of it.


 
Your Word is a lamp unto my feet
A light to my path.
Psalm 119:105

2 comments: