Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Saying Goodbye

Chicago is a very transient place!  I have had to say goodbye way too many times already!  I wanted to write a special goodbye to my sweet friend, Beth.  In God's providence, He saw fit to bring Beth and I to Chicago in the same summer.  Beth was in the youth group in Texas when I was a youth leader.  We knew each other from that but really had not seen each other in almost 10 years.  After I moved here, I contacted Beth and we got together.  We have been spending time together ever since!

My first year here, Beth and I spent almost every Friday together exploring the City and trying out new places to eat.  I called those special days, "Beth Brown Fairweather Friday."  They were sweet days, indeed!  We did a lot of walking, even more talking, some good eating and great discovering.  Beth was always willing to come help me when I was giving a party or had some other big task to complete.  She has such a sweet servant's heart.

Beth's law school load got much busier and she began in internship - so I didn't get to see her as often but any time I could -- it was always fun!  Her husband, Morgan, was doing his residency at Rush Hospital while Beth was attending DePaul Law School.  Let's just say they were pretty busy!  Beth was an amazing support and encouragement to Morgan.  He is now finished with his residency and they are moving to Texas.

I'm really proud of them both.  They have worked hard and truly deserve to have a somewhat "normal" life (as is regular hours and time together!)  Morgan took a job at Scott and White Hospital in Temple, TX.  That just happens to be the hospital that saved my life when I was in a horse accident - so I'm loving that.

Beth - thank you for your steadfast friendship.  You have been such a sweet friend to me and you have blessed me in so many ways.  I love your sense of adventure and ability to flex with any situation.  I have loved sharing our Chicago life and I wish you and Morgan the Lord's richest blessings as you move into this new phase of your life.

I will miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Chrisann! I'm really going to miss you and Chicago! Sweet memories. :)

    ReplyDelete