Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Musings ~ Awe and Wonder

I took a week long break to be at the beach with my family last week.  It was a wonderful, relaxing, fun, sweet time.  We all live in different places - so these times are rare and especially sweet! 

Alan and I drove down - going through Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. In addition to that, we went through Tennesee on the way home.  There was so much beauty along the way.  We rented a house on the beach with incredible views of both the marshland and the beach. 

I'm really more of a mountain girl at heart, but I loved every minute of being at the beach.  It was like a wonderland!  The ocean, like the mountains, just screams of God's majesty.  The neighborhood we were renting in had a private beach front - so it was sparsely populated and very peaceful.  We got to do some amazing exploring at low tide and see a very high tide roll in.  There were several rain storms so we got to see the water level go way up in the marsh and the high tide rush up to the boardwalks.



We had one morning when we got to explore at low tide.  We found many treasures!


We saw many starfish.  They are truly amazing creatures!




conch

hermit crab -- we got to watch him for quite a while. 




I never cease to be amazed at the Lord's creativity in nature.  There are endless treasures to explore!

Here is that same pier at high tide -- truly amazing!

Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.  Psalms 42:7 

God's splendor was on display every where we looked.  His gifts to us in His creation were a reminder of how vast He is - how infinite and powerful. 

And yet - He is near.  He knows and loves each one of us.  He makes Himself available at every moment.  He draws us to Himself.

I am awed by that.  I am reminded of David's words in the Psalms, "Who is man that You are mindful of him?"  Indeed.  It is startling, and yet it is true.  We are His treasures.

I was blessed to spend time with my greatest earthly treasures.




Where do you see the Lord today?  He can display His splendor just as well in the city as He can at the beach.  I assure you that He is all around you if you dare to look.  Enjoy His presence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment