Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Remembering Janeth

March 7th, 2006, my sweet friend, Janeth Richardson went to be with the Lord.  She has been on my mind all day.  Her daugther, Meredith, posted a picture of the two them and tears filled my eyes.



I know that she is in the presence of her Jesus that she loved so very  much.  I have seen the Lord provide for her family in her absence from this world.  She has amazing kids and the Lord has provided for their every need.


I just miss her.


I miss being with her - whether is was at camp, at her house, shopping, eating, doing Bible study, praying and certainly just LAUGHING.  There was always a lot of laughter.  Always.

I cherish every memory and I am so thankful for the impact that she made on my life and on the lives of countless others.  She was so very loved and is so very missed.


Seeing Janeth is one of the things I look forward to the most when I think about heaven.  I picture her being one of the first to greet me with a huge smile on her face and a big hug.  I feel sure she is on the greeting team.


It is so hard to see people that we love leave this earth - especially when to my finite, human mind, they are leaving much too soon.  But - I do trust in the Lord with all my heart and do not rely on my own understanding.  He is good.  He has a plan.

I have the assurance that I will one day see this sweet friend and for now, I say, "See you later" and rejoice with a thankful heart that I was able to call this special lady my friend.

3 comments:

  1. I did not know Janeth died! We loved and were loved by her during our short time at FBCA. Love this post and that everyone has such great memories of her, to treasure until we meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss her too. very much. beautiful post and tribute to a great counselor, encourager, teacher, and friend. janeth had such an impact on so many of our lives and we are all better people having known her. she had an amazingly generous heart and was as lively and fun as they come. what an amazing woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your sweet words, Katy. I know how very special she was to you and you to her. The grief can still take me by surprise! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

      Delete