Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Gifts

I am a gift giver.  I LOVE buying presents for people.  I LOVE surprising someone with that "perfect" gift.  When I read the book, "The 5 Love Languages" I was not surprised to find that giving gifts in one of my major love languages.  I love birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, valentine's gifts, Easter gifts and especially "just because" gifts.  I am so excited by the time I give the gift that I think I might explode!

As you can imagine - I'm a big Santa at Christmas.  I love having family gathered around and exchanging gifts, but of course, the older I get, the more I know that the real gift is those people sitting around that room. 

"Every good and perfect gift comes down, from the Father of Lights, in whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."  James 1:17

The gifts I am most thankful for this Christmas are my family and amazing friends - my church - my neighbors - the opportunities that I have here to serve in different ways - Bible study - music - my dog, Quincy - this beautiful City and the beautiful mountains I will journey to - but without the greater gifts of Grace, Mercy, Love, Salvation and Forgiveness, I would not be able to enjoy any of these gifts.

What gifts are you most thankful for this year?

Let's remember to express our love and appreciation for the gifts that we have been given even as we are getting ready to hand out a few more!


No comments:

Post a Comment