Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Christmas in the City

Chicago is such a beautiful city.  The city decks out our streets, lamp posts and trees with lights, greenery, ribbon and berries.  I love how the whole city is transformed.  I thought I would share a few photos from this year.  No snow yet :-(


The season starts out with the Santa Hustle 5K.  Alan ran this with his team at work this year.  I think CPA's make pretty good Santas!

The City joins in with many of the buildings sporting red and green.


The City Christmas tree in Daley Plaza.

The trees are all lit up on Michigan Avenue.

With limited space - outside decor is on the balconies.

The City changes out these planters with each season.  They are on most main street corners.

More Christmas cheer in my neighborhood.

Other than waiting on the snow, it is very festive around here and I love to see all the lights.  I am thankful for the way the whole City joins in.  I consider it a gift to me!

I am thankful for the greenery and lights that remind me that Jesus, the light of the World, is what this is all about.

1 comment:

  1. fun fun! love the santa get-ups for the run and all the pretty christmas-y stuff! truly the best time of year!

    ReplyDelete