Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday - PT

Praise the Lord - the boot is off my foot and I can actually wear shoes on both of my feet.  I have to wear a tennis shoe most of the time, but at least it is a shoe.  I started physical therapy a couple of weeks ago.  It is as much for plantar fasciitis as it is for the fractured bone.  If you don't know what plantar fasciitis is - be happy. It is inflammation of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot. This tissue is called the plantar fascia. It connects the heel bone to the toes and creates the arch of the foot.  When this is inflamed, it makes walking very painful and the tightness goes all the way up your calf muscle.  In short - it is not FUN.  I am so thankful to be getting some relief from the pain.


I assume that when the Lord puts me with a new person in my life, there is purpose in that.  So - enter Stephanie Penny, my physical therapist.




She is a great physical therapist and a very sweet girl.  She is about the same age as my Ashley - so that is just a sweet thing right there.  She is from Michigan, she loves her family, she loves her job and she is working hard to get additional certifications.  We always have good conversations.  We spend an hour together twice a week, so I figure that I will know her pretty well by the end of all that. 


What does the Lord have in mind for Stephanie and I?  I am eager to find out.  I am going to invite her to my church and I'd love to include her in some girl's nights.  We will see where the Lord takes that.  I'm not sure where she is coming from spiritually, so I will be exploring that in the weeks to come.  I have had the opportunity to share a bit about my faith and I have an idea that I will have many more opportunities to do that.


Who knew that the Lord would use all my foot ailments to bring someone new into my life?  I am grateful for that.

Stephanie - watch out.  I'm already invested in you.

I am thankful for physical therapy - but I am even more thankful for my therapist.  I am thankful for physical healing, but I am even more thankful for spiritual healing.

I know that Romans 8:28 is quoted a lot, but I think it fits here:

For we know that God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purposes.

I love that the Lord has used my fractured foot in so many positive ways.  He has brought so much good out of what could have been seen as a very bad situation.  He is at work and His purposes are being accomplished.  I am so thankful that His promises are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment