Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Praybook

Last June, through a friend (thank you, Leigh Ann) I came across an app connected to facebook called Praybook.  It is such an awesome tool for ministering to others.  I absolutely love it and wanted to share a bit about it with you.

If you go to praybook.com, you can sign in with your facebook login or with your email address.  It connects with your facebook friends and then you choose how many people you want to pray for each day.  As I go out to that site daily, my facebook friends names come up.  Initially, I chose to have 7 names come up each day because I wanted to get through all of my friends rather quickly that first go round.  It was challenging, but it was FUN.  After I went through all of the names that first time, I changed it to bring up two names a day.  As I pray for each friend, I have the opportunity to send them a message that appears in their message inbox on facebook. 

Can God really use a facebook app?  Well, yes He can.  God can use the internet any old way He wants to.  I know that He is in this, because over and over again, I hear back from someone that the prayer I prayed for them was exactly what they needed that day.  God has used it to encourage so many and to reconnect me in a more significant way with some of my friends.  I have learned of needs and hurts that I would not have known about otherwise.

It is an amazing privilege to intercede for others.  I'm telling you, no one yet has written me back to say, "Please don't pray for me."  That includes friends that do not know the Lord.  In fact, some of them have been very touched that I took the time to pray for them.  It is a small effort on my part that the Lord can use in a big way.  I don't hear back from everyone, but that is not the point, anyway.  My part is just to be obedient in praying for others and the rest is up to the Lord.

It also gets my mind in a good place - focused on what others need and how the mighty power of the Lord can move in their lives.  I am amazed over and over again at how this blesses me in the process and I have to say, it is just fun. What a profound privilege we have to lift up the names of those that we love to the Father.

I want to encourage you to check it out.
praybook.com 

I am thankful that someone thought of this (no doubt, Holy Spirit inspired) and that we have the opportunity to utilize this technology for some major good. 


Have fun starting a prayer adventure!

 

1 comment:

  1. i loved God's timing on your praybook this last go round - it was a big day and your note (and of course, prayers!) meant so much. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete