Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday - 2011 Review

Well - here we are at the end of 2011.  I don't know how the years fly by faster and faster - but they do.  It has been am amazing year and I could not be more thankful for all that the Lord has done in my life.  I'm also thankful for the struggles that have drawn me closer to the Lord and more dependent on Him.


*I'm thankful for my neighbors and the relationships that I have with them.  One couple moved to MN (miss you Alison and Ryan) and another dear neighbor family (Ryan, Michelle and Hannah) are moving to Cleveland in February.  I am thankful for every moment with these friends.


*I am thankful for the growth in our church.  Destination has grown from around 35 people when we first started attending to a pretty steady 100 now.  We moved from the comedy club to a school auditorium.  It has been a true blessing to see more people coming to know the Lord and being involved in the community of this church.  


*I am thankful for the many painting projects at Hamilton Elementary and Prescott Elementary.  They bring me so much JOY.  I am grateful for the staff, teachers and students that are such a blessing to me.


*I am thankful for time with my family.  We have had some great times in Chicago, Colorado and Texas.  I'm thankful for emails, facebook, pinterest, text messages and phone calls that keep us connected - even with the distance.


*I am thankful for city life in Chicago and country life in Colorado.  I have the best of both worlds and I do not take that for granted.


*I'm thankful for friends near and far.  I feel so fortunate to know so many amazing people that make my life rich, indeed.


*I'm thankful for a personal Lord that loves me too much to leave me alone.  He challenges me, teaches me, encourages me and loves me.  His grace, mercy, love, and forgiveness mean everything to me.


*I'm thankful for another year stretching out before me - a year full of potential and opportunity.  I love not knowing what is around the corner - but knowing that no matter what it is - Jesus is already there.


I think it is a good practice to reflect back over the past year.  For some, that is a painful process - for others it is full of great memories.  For most - it is a mix.  There is always much to be learned from the experiences we have had.  Most of all, I see God's faithfulness in the good times and the bad times. 


I am wishing each one of you a Happy New Year and praying that you see the Lord in new ways and experience Him at every turn.  Praying that this next year will draw you closer to Jesus and that in turn, you will be more like Him.  Blessings friends!

1 comment: