Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Musings - God Came Near

This was a really different Christmas for us!  It is our first Christmas where both of our girls were with their in-laws.  Apparently, we have to learn to share over and over again our whole lives!!  

Fortunately, I really like my husband - so all is well!  It has been a quiet holiday.  Even the usual neighbors here in Colorado are out of town.  We have seen very few people and it has been SO quiet.  We walked down to the lake this afternoon and it was so still, so quiet and so beautiful.  I think it was God's Christmas present to us.


Our shadows + Quincy


This Christmas has been a good reminder of some pretty important things.

*You need to develop your relationship with your spouse all along - even in the midst of raising children and busy careers.  When it gets back to just you two - you want something to be there!  I am fortunate to be married to my best buddy and I truly enjoy being with him.  I'm thankful for that!

*Christmas is Jesus.  I love everything about Christmas.  I love Christmas trees, buying gifts, cooking, sending cards and watching Christmas movies.  I love being in Colorado and seeing snow out my windows.  I love the down time and the fun that surrounds the holiday.  Most of all - I love that we pause to just praise God for carrying out such a scandalous plan!

*Those things that you love about Christmas - continue to do them throughout the year.  Give that unexpected gift.  Have people over.  Write someone a card.  Let people know you love them.  Praise God for the gift of Jesus.

It sounds a little hokey to "carry Christmas in your heart throughout the year" but as a believer, that is exactly what we are to do.

After all ~
Christmas abides in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment