Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday - The Apple of His Eye

I don't know about you - but I am truly overwhelmed when I think about how Almighty God loves me in a personal way.  It is mind boggling!  I was reading in Zechariah 2 this week and in verse 8, it says, "for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye."  


To be the apple of ones' eye is to be their most cherished possession - their greatest love.  God thinks of me like that?  Really?  YES, really! 


There are numerous applications here.  There is certainly great comfort in knowing that I am so beloved by my Father.  It is incredible to know that I am loved so personally that when someone injures me in some way, God is injured also.  

He takes it very personally.  

He has my back.


It is also a warning to me.  All of His children are precious to Him - the apple of His eye.  So - when I am careless with my words or tempted to judge another, I am injuring one of His treasures.  I am ashamed to admit it - but I wound with my thoughts and my words much too often.


So - what does it mean in my life to be "the apple of His eye"?  It means that I can rest in His love and then freely give love to others.  It means than even when the world knocks me down, I know that God Himself is my biggest fan.  It means that when I feel low or question my value - that question has really already been answered by the One Whose opinion counts the most.


So - today - even with my faults and struggles, I am thankful that I am the apple of the Lord's eye - His precious treasure - His valued child. 

When it is all said and done . . . 

that will be more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment