Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Musings - It's All God

You know how when things are going along pretty well - we can forget that everything is about God.  Colossians 1:17 says ~

He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

I'm in the book of Ezekiel right now and I was really struck by chapter 17, verse 24.  

All the trees of the field will know that I am the Lord; I bring down the high tree and exalt the low tree, dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish.  I am the Lord; I have spoken and I will perform it.

Just in case I had forgotten that God is Sovereign - just in case I had forgotten that He can do anything that He wants to do -- this was a good reminder.  It is all God.  God's standards - what He values - the way He works - it really is beyond our comprehension.  His ways don't have to follow the laws of nature or the laws of economics or anyone's social agenda.  He is above it ALL.  His ways may not make sense to the human way of thinking - in fact - they probably won't.  

HE IS NOT BOUND BY ANYTHING.

Probably my favorite image in that verse is "make the dry tree flourish."  What we see as hopeless or dismal, really beyond help or seemingly impossible - God does not see that way.  Here is the amazing news in this passage:

God can completely change the course of anything.  

He can make what appears to be dead - come ALIVE.

I'm thinking of 3 young adults that I know that are far, far away from the Lord right now.  THIS IS NOT TOO HARD FOR GOD.  They may appear to be spiritually dead or at the very least, spiritually anemic - but My God can bring back what is dry and make it flourish.  I'm thinking of a friend with a seemingly impossible task of funding an orphanage each month - THIS IS NOT TOO HARD FOR GOD.  When funds appear to by dry - they will flourish  I'm thinking of several women I know with broken hearts.  THIS IS NOT TOO HARD FOR GOD. Those dry and brittle hearts will heal and flourish. 

Where are you feeling hopeless?  Where is there no life where you long for there to be life?  Are you frustrated or discouraged?  You have a God who is in the business of bringing that which is dead, back to life.  You can trust Him to take the dry tree and make it flourish.  Be encouraged.

1 comment:

  1. This was really really encouraging to me! Have not talked in such a long time, but this is more than what I needed to hear right now.

    Similarly is the verse in Jeremiah 17:7-8
    "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD.
    He is like a tree planted by water,
    that sends out its roots by the stream,
    and does not fear when heat comes,
    for its leaves remain green,
    and is not anxious in the year of drought,
    for it does not cease to bear fruit."

    ReplyDelete