Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Mountains!

After two long days of driving - we have left the city behind and headed to the mountains of Colorado.  I had never driven through Iowa and Nebraska - so that was a new experience.  It is always fun to see other parts of the country.  I saw A LOT of farmland.  There were many beautiful farms that are green from spring rains.



I am a bit of a country girl at heart.  I spent a lot of time on my grandparents' farm as I was growing up.  There were acres of farmland, herds of cattle, sheep and goats, horses, chickens and an assortment of other animals that came and went.  There is just something very peaceful about being on a farm.  That love is still there.


After driving through all the farmland, we began to see the mountains!  YAY!!  I have a huge love affair with the mountains.  I can feel my heart leap and my soul sigh when I arrive at our place in the Vallecito Valley near Durango.  I get to look out my window at the mountains and listen to the water running in the creek behind my house.  There is still some snow on the mountain tops.  The sun is shining - the sky is big and blue - the temperatures are perfect.  I think I can do this for awhile.


I am thankful that the Lord allows me to spend time in the busy, big city and He allows me time to spend time in the peace and quiet of the mountains.  I love both places - my heart and life is invested in both places.  My purpose doesn't change - only my scenery.  The Lord is very present in both.  Don't you love that?  


Flourish where you are today.  Embrace what the 
Lord has for you and be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment