Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Extra Rooms

When we were looking for housing in Chicago, I really wanted to have three bedrooms.  There were a lot more choices if you just had two bedrooms, but I just really wanted to have three.  Why - you ask?  A couple of reasons - I still wanted both of my daughters to feel like they had a room at home and I wanted to have room for people to come visit us.  I'm so glad we went ahead and got the extra room.


This month, our precious friend and neighbor, Alison, is staying with us.  Her husband took a job in Minneapolis and he is already there.  Alison needs to finish out this month at her job but had to move out of their place.  So - we get her for the month of June!  I'm so glad we have that room to offer her - to be her home even for a short while.  So how about that other room?  One weekend - our sweet friend April will be here - another weekend a couple friend of ours - Casey and Derrek will be here.  I love that we have room and can open up our home to so many people.  This will happen again and again in the months to come.  I love that.


I always want my home to be a place of ministry.  I also want to have a room that is available for anyone who needs it.  So today - I'm thankful for my guest rooms and the people who fill them. 


Where do you need to make room?  In your life - in your heart?  Are you welcoming?  Does the Lord have full run of your house?  Allow Him to fill it with love, laughter and people of His choosing.  You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment