Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday - What a week!

My last week has been a week full of things to be thankful for - more than I could even name - but here is a sampling!

*Last Friday spent running around with Alan and then spending time with Ashley and Jess.
*Wedding rehearsal and rehearsal lunch - so sweet and fun.  So appreciate the Thorne family and their generosity.
*Bridesmaid's dinner at my sweet friend, LaVon's house - we all arrived with our just manicured fingernails and toes  - the pampering was nice!
*Sunday morning breakfast with family at the Embassy Suites!
*Decorating for the wedding and the reception - thank you Tracie Alexander for being so good!!  Everything was beautiful.
*Getting ready for the wedding with all the girls.  Not only did I have my two daughters there - but 3 of my other "daughters" that I love dearly.  It was such a sweet time - special thanks to Marie for helping us have "fancy" hair for the wedding!
*Special thanks to my Mom for providing lunch for us!
*A beautiful wedding setting with lighting and chandeliers - thank you James Bruce for coordinating all of that and being so very helpful!
*A wedding ceremony that was so special - so personal and so well done by our dear friend Larry Link.  There were over 300 people at this wedding and yet in that room with the way Larry did the ceremony - it felt like we were all peeking in on an intimate ceremony.
*James, Sharon, Alan and I got to go up after communion and pray for Ashley and James.  It was such a special moment of blessing our kids and really trusting them to love and care for one another.
*Heather singing with Chad and Layne playing.  Absolutely beautiful and so very special.
*The look on James and Ashley's faces when they were pronounced man and wife - JOY
*The reception -- so much fun and so special to be surrounded by amazing friends and family.  We get to know the coolest people on the planet.  Thanks Aimee for coming all the way from Ohio!!
*Breakfast with my family the next morning - lunch with Alan's family.

I am so thankful for this entire week full of blessings and reminders of God's goodness, His grace, His plans and perfect timing.  There is something just other worldly about seeing two people who love the Lord passionately and love each other joined together.  I believe that the Lord is going to do amazing things in and through Ashley and James.  It is such a privilege to know them, love them, and be their family. 

God's goodness comes in so many different shapes and forms - How is He blessing you currently?  What can you look back on in the past week and just be thankful?  Enjoy the goodness of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment