Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Jenny Malone!!!

Before I even get to Jenny - I have to say how thankful I am for SPRING!  It is inching its way here - leaves, blooms and slightly warmer temps at a time.  We have had several really beautiful days and it is so fun to see all the bulbs popping up - tulips, daffodils and other beautiful flowers that I don't happen to know the name of!  Quincy and I have been taking some long walks and it is really nice.  After a long, cold snowy winter (I love that too!) the spring is all the more glorious.  Love it!!


Now - I am patiently waiting for my friend, Jenny Malone, to get here!! I haven't seen Jenny in 14 years and I am so excited to see her!!  Jenny and I met when we both lived in Columbus, Ohio.  I was a Bible Study Fellowship leader and Jenny was in my group.  We really connected and ended up becoming very good friends.  We spent a lot of time together and did more than one project.  We loved on each others kids and talked a lot about our faith.  Jenny has a very deep and genuine faith.  It was such a privilege to walk beside her on that journey.  She ended up moving to Reno NV and then a year or so later, I moved to TX.  It has been way too long and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.  Right now - I'm guessing she is stuck in Chicago traffic (sorry Jenny!!)  


Friendships that are entwined with the Lord as the center are one of life's greatest gifts.  Those kind of friendship survive the test of distance and time.  Those bonds are not easily broken.  God uses those kind of friendships to sharpen us - challenge us and to encourage us.  They are a pure delight.


So thankful for Jenny Malone today and for all that she has meant in my life and continues to mean.  I love you Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment