Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday - In Just 3 days . . .

I am sitting on Ashley's couch thinking about all that I have to be thankful for as the wedding is drawing near.  In 3 days - Ashley and James will be getting married!  Wow - this has been such a fun season of life for Alan and I.  Our girls ended up getting married just about 1 year apart from each other which means we have been doing "wedding" for close to two years!  We have had so much fun planning, shopping, dreaming and laughing.  It is a very special time that I am a little sad to see come to an end.  

I picked up Ashley's dress on Tuesday afternoon.  As I wrote the last check and was heading out of the store, I was really surprised at the sadness I felt!  I won't get to shop for anymore wedding dresses :-) but I do get two wonderful son in laws - so that is a really great trade!


We have loved having Cooper as our son in law this past year.  He and Heather bring us great joy.  Now - we get to have James as our son in law also.  We are so excited!  James is such a great match for Ashley.  He loves the Lord and he loves Ashley - we really couldn't ask for more than that.  

We will enjoy hosting our last party for 350 people -- you don't get to do that often!  There is really nothing like looking around a room full of people that you love - people that have invested in your child.  So many people have loved Ashley and James over the years.  They all have a part in celebrating the adults that they have become.  The ceremony will be meaningful - especially with our dear friend, Larry Link, officiating.  The food will be great - the music fun - the visiting abundant.  


Two weddings  . . . Two daughters . . . Two son in laws . . . 
Our family is growing and it is good, indeed.

My heart overflows with thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment