Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm not getting to this until Friday morning  - but I am still just as thankful!  

My sweet friend in laws (Heather's husbands parents!) live in Tuscaloosa.  Seeing those pictures of all the devastation, I am so grateful that they are okay.  At this very moment they are ministering to some students from the University of Alabama.  Dan is a pastor, so I know that they have had people in their congregation that have also been impacted.  Three of our students from Arlington, TX are at Alabama and they are also all okay.  With so much loss of life and destruction of property, I am very grateful.  I am also so deeply saddened for all of those that did not get such good news.  I am praying that people will know the God of all Comfort in a profound way.  I'm also praying for my dear friends Dan and Julie and they minister to their community.  They are amazing people and servants of Jesus.  


This is Alan and I with Julie and Dan after the wedding last year.  We love them!
I am thankful for the opportunity to get back to Hamilton Elementary this week!  I had really missed being there while I was out of town.  I got to paint the kindergarten bathroom this week and I think it is one of my favorite projects so far.  One of the teachers told me yesterday that suddenly, all of her students need to go to the bathroom so they can see the painting.  Here is what is looks like.
One fish, two fish

Red fish, blue fish

Fanciful Fish

Circus Fish!

Thin Fish!
I seriously think I have more fun than just about anyone I know.  Of course, part of that is that like my Mom, I think almost anything is fun!  Seeing the children at Hamilton smile and laugh at the painting is such a gift.  I will be forever thankful that the Lord orchestrated this opportunity.  


So today - we can be thankful for the most basic of things - such as safety, shelter, food, water, clothing and all the extras that most of us have when so many have just lost everything.  We can also be thankful for the opportunities that the Lord gives us to enjoy life, be creative and bless others.  Life is always a mix of sorrow and of joy.  Let's be mindful of both.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those paintings are fantastic! I know the kiddos are loving those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are amazing...I love you Chris and all the fun things you do especially when I get to tag along :)

    ReplyDelete