Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday - What a week!

I have had a great last week in Texas.  All my focus and energies were on the wedding.  It is 4 weeks from Sunday!  Here are just some of the sweet blessings I experienced in the past week that I am so very thankful for!

*12 1/2 hours in the car with my very dear friend Kay, traveling from Colorado to TX.  We finally got to do some catching up!!
*6 full days at Ashley's house
*hours and hours of great conversation and laughing with James and Ashley
*Heather came up for a wedding shower - sweet time with her!
*Wedding shower in Arlington - such an incredible blessing.  These friends have known me longer than any of my friends and they have helped me raise my girls in so many ways.  It was a time of sweet fellowship.  Ashley loves these women and she felt so loved and cared for by them.  A truly special time.
*Wedding shower in Keller - it was fun to meet some more of Ashley's friends in Keller.  They put together a sweet shower and we had a lot of fun.
* We met with our favorite florist in the world - Tracie Alexander.  She did the flowers at Heather's wedding too.  She is not just our florist - she is a treasured family friend!
*Lunch with some close friends in Arlington and my Mom!  She came up for the shower and I got to spend some extra time with her.  Loved it!
*Appreciating each and every gift -- We had so much fun looking through everything and looking over the list as to who gave what - just plain fun and so humbling that people are so very gracious and kind.
*There is not much that means more than other people loving your children.  Heather's wedding - and now Ashley's wedding reminds us that we have such a wonderful group of friends who love us in such tangible ways.
*I made my 15 hour drive back just fine. Quincy was my co-pilot.  He doesn't complain about my driving and he is always smiling.  Perfect :-)


As usual, my heart is torn between Texas and Chicago.  It feels good to be home and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends here and being in my church, but there is always a part of my heart back in Texas with my family and friends.  I'm thankful for the many ways that we have to communicate these days!  There is no better place to be than in the center of God's will and I truly believe that is where I am.  


What are you thankful for today?  Take a moment to make a list of some specific things that you are thankful for in the last week.  I guarantee you that it will make you smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment