Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monday Musings - New Life

We are Easter people - that is if you know Jesus.  It is all about the resurrection!  Without it, we are people with no hope.  Because of it -- we have hope beyond hope.  


I journeyed back from TX last Wednesday and was able to be here in Chicago for Easter.  We had some pretty decent (maybe spring is coming soon) weather.  The service was a wonderful celebration.  We opened up our home to anyone who didn't have family to spend Easter with and we ended up with a great crowd - 61 for lunch!  It was so much fun and such a beautiful picture of the body of Christ.  I looked around the house and was truly just in awe of the amazing people that the Lord has put in our life over the last 8 months. People were everywhere - and I could not have been happier.

What does the resurrection mean in our lives?
*It means that we serve a Living God - not someone that is dead and buried with a tombstone marker.  He lives!
*It means that all our sin, all our shame was nailed to the cross on that Friday.  We do not have to carry it.
*It means that when I am willing to die to something in my life, the power of the resurrection will bring something new and better into my life.
*It means that hurt, anger, bitterness, suffering and injustice have been conquered.  While these things cause us pain and frustration in this world, ultimately - they are defeated.
*It means that the power that God used to raise Jesus is the same power that He offers me in my life - to live a life that honors Him.


As believers, we should - above all else - be people of HOPE. 

We have a God that loved us so much that He allowed His Son Jesus to die on the cross in our place.  

But . . . He didn't leave Him there.  He Rose - just as He said He would.  Good news indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment